Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Resident

January - Major Announcement

loginscreenlogo.png.d696347fe255fc37dec4

Hello everyone. We are aware of all the rumors, faction drama, people leaving, people feeling like nothing is being done and that nothing is happening.
 This post is here to give everyone an overview of what’s been going on, what’s going to happen to both factions, staff members leaving, and so on. Keep in mind that the leadership and developer team of Roleplay Project has not give up. We’ve barely even gotten started.
We made a commitment to offer an Multi Theft Auto server again, and we will continue to stand by that.

When Waffle went down, all the players and most of the community came directly to us. You all wanted us to open an Multi Theft Auto server as quickly as possible, we wanted to wait a little further until all new features and structures would be completely done, which would have taken us longer to do. Everyone told us to open it right away, and people said that any minor things that needs to be worked on, could be done so while it was launched. Players just wanted a place to role play quickly.

A lot of rumors and misinformation are currently floating out within the community, so we’ve decided to tackle the situation and inform everyone of what has actually happened.

The Team Leader situation

The first week of launching the server, everything was working smoothly.
The purpose of the Team Leader ranks were to put one person in charge of the different teams such as legal faction team, illegal faction team, mapping team, vehicle team, and so on.

The first week of the server launch went great, there was no major issues within the Team Leader division whatsoever. Then some cases started to develop, where something would be stuck between two teams.
Things slowly heated up and ertidog started refusing to work with the other Team Leaders.
Knowing his many factions and people he had behind him, he started to think of himself as more important than the other team leaders.
Obviously his team, the Illegal Support Team plays a very important role in the community. We know how important they are, and how much work it takes to maintain this.
Calling other team leaders inferior and not as important, will naturally form the other team leaders against him. Imagine telling someone at your workplace that you are more important than them. He agreed that he dug his own grave on that part.

We also agreed to completely redesign and restructure how team leaders work and function, these were one of ertidog’s demands. We were working out a whole new structure and setting up a meeting to discuss it with all of the team leaders before implementing it.
Everyone agreed, and everyone was satisfied for the time being.

Before this meeting could happen, ertidog started seeing himself as more and more important, refusing to be on a par with the other team leaders. He wanted his own special rank to show everyone how much more important he was and the work he does.
He eventually told us that he should have a Community Management position, because of how important he is and the work he does. However, he would “settle” for a Senior Moderator position.
We tried to explain that Moderators is its own team, and has nothing to do with the Illegal Faction Team.

We gave ertidog full complete freedom to do exactly what he wanted. As a team leader, you fully run your team. He can put and remove anyone he wants in the team, and run it however he pleases with all the commands given to him that he required and needs in-game.

As he continued to argue and act more important than everyone else in the community, things started to heat up. Too many guns and ammo were spawned that are completely out of place. Which the new Illegal Support Team Leader has removed and fixed. However we let him do all of this as he had full complete freedom with his team.

An argument happened between ertidog and Bunny, which was about the internal drama and arguing with the other team leaders.
Eventually, ertidog was mad that permissions within the staff team were “messed” up. Developers were given the opportunity to look at other chats to be there as an assistance. Ertidog refused to let anyone from the dev team give their opinions and showed many signs of refusing to work together. He simply wanted to be above everyone else.

After getting his roles and permissions removed, ertidog began doing as much damage as he could. He went on to our Trello - Which is a site for where the put all the things for developers that needs to be done. Bug fixes, changes, and internal developer communication and codes.
He began removing and permanently deleting everything that was on there, leaving developers confused and finding it difficult for them to bring all of this stuff back. Some stuff today has still not been recovered.

This is the reason why he got permanently banned by Bunny afterwards for Third Party Tampering.
Of course, our mistake was to not inform the community right away about this. Most of the people we spoke to never knew what actually went on. They had only heard ertidog’s side.

So, naturally. Only knowing ertidog’s side and believing that to be the truth at the time, a lot of people including his friends started leaving. A lot of these people would probably leave either way since they were his friends. This started a big chain of more and more people leaving.

Keep in mind that this is just a short and the “quick” version of what happened with the ertidog situation. A lot more internal stuff happened, that we don’t feel like we need to get into detail with due to privacy concerns for other staff members.

San Andreas State Police:

As for State Police, Samuel left the faction because he felt like he was giving too much and it was going on very unappreciative. Members of the faction believed that Samuel was too much into copying real life and didn’t realize it was the game. Community Management understood this and recognize this but we believe that it was up to the Major to put in the standards of the department. 

People continued to complain to Samuel and he evidently got tired, and decided to leave the server along with other reasons which he does not feel to name. 

We wish Samuel the best in his future endeavors as his time here on Roleplay Project, he was greatly appreciated in all aspects. (In Character and Out of Character)

Staff Members Leaving:

There seems to be a trend among the staff team to leave the team simply because things don’t go their way. We’re addressing that, and we’re simply asking members of the team and players to simply address issues to us rather than go behind our backs and talk among us. The famous quote is as follows:

“We can only do something about what we know, if we don’t, how will we know the issue(s)?”

Demotivation and no updates:

This has been an on-going issue for a while, a lot of staff arguing among themselves and other people getting demotivated due to the drama internally. Which has caused some but not all staff members to resign. Within the team this is highly frowned upon and will not be tolerated no more, although we allow some jokes among us, there is a line you do not cross.

All members of the staff team have now been addressed and we’re hoping this won’t be an on-going issue anymore because at the end of the day we are all here to play a game and enjoy our time here.
Due to de-motivation which has probably lead to other things, like lack of updates and transparency issues which will also no longer be an issue. We have a support section on Discord and Forums, where you can ask any questions relating to the community.

New PR and Event Planning Teams:

We’re in the process of recruiting a Public Relations team internally, who will be the face of putting news across to the community and answering any questions that are brought forward. We are doing this to increase transparency and make regular members aware of what's going on in the different sectors of the community i.e. development, staff and other things that can be included.

Regards,

Roleplay Project Staff.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Was a Good and important Read.

I will personaly step in from gov side in order to, hopefully, give more RP and clarity to IC events, stay tuned on gov publications 🙂

and admin team, holla at me so we can work together 😉

Edit: currently att Bangkok Airport, Will be home... Within 20 hours of posting this, therefor, No answer until then from me 🙂 cheers

Edited by Najkwiin
  • Like 1

Good initiative!

I can speak on behalf of the dev team, but I'm sure you will enjoy what we have planned for Q1 of 2020. Remember we set up a MTA RP server very quickly on a 90% stable gamemode, so the first two months of life was 95% bug fixing. Only a minority of new things were scripted, but we already have over 400 changes that were done the script. 

Looking forward for the PR team to announce our changes on a regular basis.

Thank you

• Like 5

On 1/6/2020 at 6:47 PM, Resident said:

When Waffle went down, all the players and most of the community came directly to us. You all wanted us to open an Multi Theft Auto server as quickly as possible, we wanted to wait a little further until all new features and structures would be completely done, which would have taken us longer to do. Everyone told us to open it right away, and people said that any minor things that needs to be worked on, could be done so while it was launched. Players just wanted a place to role play quickly.

Don't try to soften what really happened between Waffle and Project Roleplay and why it opened when it did. Most people know it already. 

On 1/6/2020 at 7:09 PM, anumaz said:

Good initiative!

I can speak on behalf of the dev team, but I'm sure you will enjoy what we have planned for Q1 of 2020. Remember we set up a MTA RP server very quickly on a 90% stable gamemode, so the first two months of life was 95% bug fixing. Only a minority of new things were scripted, but we already have over 400 changes that were done the script. 

Looking forward for the PR team to announce our changes on a regular basis.

Thank you

It's unbelievable how every server that gains traction manages to fuck up the same way for years on end (except for Waffle funny enough). I don't understand it, it are the same people doing the same things but still they are oblivious to the same problems.

Why don't you post server updates? People want to see server progression, they want to know that work is being done and that change is being made. They don't want to have the same limitations every roleplay server has since no development is being done (except for Waffle, they showed their development). I don't understand the excuse: "We only been doing bug fixes so that's why there are no updates (threads posted showcasing them)". Who the hell cares that there are no new things? The community wants to know that stuff is being done, no matter if they are just bug fixes. If you fix bugs, let the community know, they care, if they don't see anything they'll simply assume that nothing is being done.

Why is every roleplay server so afraid of posting updates? 400 changes you say? Why are we only allowed to know this now, when the server has taken a huge hit to the playerbase? By the time those updates hit there will only be a small fraction of the PB remaining to enjoy them.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Forthwind said:

It's unbelievable how every server that gains traction manages to fuck up the same way for years on end (except for Waffle funny enough). I don't understand it, it are the same people doing the same things but still they are oblivious to the same problems.

Why don't you post server updates? People want to see server progression, they want to know that work is being done and that change is being made. They don't want to have the same limitations every roleplay server has since no development is being done (except for Waffle, they showed their development). I don't understand the excuse: "We only been doing bug fixes so that's why there are no updates (threads posted showcasing them)". Who the hell cares that there are no new things? The community wants to know that stuff is being done, no matter if they are just bug fixes. If you fix bugs, let the community know, they care, if they don't see anything they'll simply assume that nothing is being done.

Why is every roleplay server so afraid of posting updates? 400 changes you say? Why are we only allowed to know this now, when the server has taken a huge hit to the playerbase? By the time those updates hit there will only be a small fraction of the PB remaining to enjoy them.

It is in our short term plans to have regular updates written down in regards to development, don't worry. It has been kind of hard and a lenghty process to write it done, mostly because all changes were treated as hotfixes and immediately uploaded on the server. Our method is however changing this january - every update will be uploaded at once, (i.e. once per week), and those updates will be joined with a written update for the community.

Writing down an update is not just taking our changes, pasting on a thread and posting. Our changes are written in a dev-language, on a repository. The PR team will be able to help us out with that, and focus their time on putting everything in an easy-to-read-and-understand format. It's more time-demanding than you think!

Thank you for your concern. :)

14 minutes ago, anumaz said:

It is in our short term plans to have regular updates written down in regards to development, don't worry. It has been kind of hard and a lenghty process to write it done, mostly because all changes were treated as hotfixes and immediately uploaded on the server. Our method is however changing this january - every update will be uploaded at once, (i.e. once per week), and those updates will be joined with a written update for the community.

Writing down an update is not just taking our changes, pasting on a thread and posting. Our changes are written in a dev-language, on a repository. The PR team will be able to help us out with that, and focus their time on putting everything in an easy-to-read-and-understand format. It's more time-demanding than you think!

Thank you for your concern. :)

"Don't worry"? It took you guys 1 month (Along with give or take 5 years of experience in MTA where everyone saw how servers died in the past), a major drop in PB and an announcement to decide to plan to post regular written down updates.  I'm going to worry till that happens and even afterwards i'll continue to worry.

"Writing down an update is not just taking our changes, pasting on a thread and posting. Our changes are written in a dev-language, on a repository." - What the fuck?

Writing down an update is exactly as how you said it. Got a bug in vehicle system - > blinkers? Update-Bug fixes: Vehicle blinkers not working properly fixed. Well my god, so difficult, so time consuming. Someone fixed a bug? -> Write down in text document what you fixed, 1 week passes, post update. Oh my god, so difficult, so time consuming.

Yeah, it's time consuming if you allow 400 changes to stack up and don't bother to write any update about it, yeah, that's time consuming. But, that's your fault for not posting them earlier. 

This post and why there haven't been any updates ragarding development just says that you guys either didn't care about posting an update or are lazy af to write one down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forthwind said:

"Don't worry"? It took you guys 1 month (Along with give or take 5 years of experience in MTA where everyone saw how servers died in the past), a major drop in PB and an announcement to decide to plan to post regular written down updates.  I'm going to worry till that happens and even afterwards i'll continue to worry.

"Writing down an update is not just taking our changes, pasting on a thread and posting. Our changes are written in a dev-language, on a repository." - What the fuck?

Writing down an update is exactly as how you said it. Got a bug in vehicle system - > blinkers? Update-Bug fixes: Vehicle blinkers not working properly fixed. Well my god, so difficult, so time consuming. Someone fixed a bug? -> Write down in text document what you fixed, 1 week passes, post update. Oh my god, so difficult, so time consuming.

Yeah, it's time consuming if you allow 400 changes to stack up and don't bother to write any update about it, yeah, that's time consuming. But, that's your fault for not posting them earlier. 

This post and why there haven't been any updates ragarding development just says that you guys either didn't care about posting an update or are lazy af to write one down.

Yes, it is time consuming mainly because it stacked up. So right now, it represents a lenghty task to list it out. But it is in the works as I wrote above.

I think the importance is now that the problems are addressed and solutions will be applied.

I will gladly continue this discussion in private if you wish - on discord - but I'm not going to spend more time to reply to you with that kind of passive-aggressive attitude. 😉

Smile, life is beautiful! 

• Like 1

why do you have to lie to satisfy us lol? this whole thread is a lie. 5150 WAS LITERALLY AT THE SAME LEVEL OF PERMISSIONS AS THE ILLEGAL SUPPORT AND LEGAL SUPPORT TEAM. THAT MAKES NO SENSE FOR MAPPING TEAM OR VEHICLE TEAM TO BE AT THE SAME PAR AS IST OR LST.

DEVELOPERS DON'T NEED TO INTERVENE ON FACTION DROPS. THEY DO THEIR JOBS AND EVERYONE DOES THEIR OWN JOB. DEASANA BUTTS IN ON IST SHIT WHICH HE ISN'T MEANT TO HAVE ACCESS TO. 

MODERATORS FUCK UP AND GET INFRACTED. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? THEY GET PROMOTED. STOP LIEING AND ADMIT THAT YOU FUCKED UP. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Forthwind said:

Chill dude...

They're doing as good as they can to put a good server together with what they have... Not everyone has 24 hours a day to invest into scripting an MTA server, I don't know about you; but a lot of us have jobs in the real world and have to balance work, real-life responsibilities, and videogames into their day... Sometimes I don't even get a chance to get on MTA because I wake up, go to work and do my job throughout the day; then come home and have to go right to sleep for work the next day.

Edited by ElChapo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Immaculate said:

leme guess u applied for moderator 

Whether I applied to moderator or not has nothing to do with me defending the people that dedicate their time and money into a server just to give us a place that is 100% free to play on and enjoy... While other servers are shutting down and everyone is flocking to GTA V, these guys are still dedicated to giving those of us that would rather play San Andreas a home... I enjoy playing GTA SA, it's more fun to me because it's just more old school and I'm used to it. I have been on MTA for over 6 years and I still to this day enjoy it...

Nobody is forcing any of us to stay here, if some of you don't like it here so much just make your departure post and leave... Hell, you don't even really have to make a departure post, you can just leave any time you want dude... That's essentially what I do when I grow tired of a community... But either way, none of us are forcing anyone to play here... Life is full of choices and you chose to play...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ElChapo said:

Whether I applied to moderator or not has nothing to do with me defending the people that dedicate their time and money into a server just to give us a place that is 100% free to play on and enjoy... While other servers are shutting down and everyone is flocking to GTA V, these guys are still dedicated to giving those of us that would rather play San Andreas a home... I enjoy playing GTA SA, it's more fun to me because it's just more old school and I'm used to it. I have been on MTA for over 6 years and I still to this day enjoy it...

Nobody is forcing any of us to stay here, if some of you don't like it here so much just make your departure post and leave... Hell, you don't even really have to make a departure post, you can just leave any time you want dude... That's essentially what I do when I grow tired of a community... But either way, none of us are forcing anyone to play here... Life is full of choices and you chose to play...

well we actually did that which was the basis of this topic good sir

1 minute ago, Immaculate said:

well we actually did that which was the basis of this topic good sir

Then why are some of you still on here sounding as-if you're bashing the development team?
When I quit a server, I usually stop getting on their forums posting stuff all the time... I do occasionally stop by to see what's going on, then and only then do I  think about giving it another go if I like what I have seen on the forum...

I guess I am just old fashioned.

• Like 1

Just now, ElChapo said:

Then why are some of you still on here sounding as-if you're bashing the development team?
When I quit a server, I usually stop getting on their forums posting stuff all the time... I do occasionally stop by to see what's going on, then and only then do I  think about giving it another go if I like what I have seen on the forum...

I guess I am just old fashioned.

Yes, you are el chapo after all. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sacred said:

why do you have to lie to satisfy us lol? this whole thread is a lie. 5150 WAS LITERALLY AT THE SAME LEVEL OF PERMISSIONS AS THE ILLEGAL SUPPORT AND LEGAL SUPPORT TEAM. THAT MAKES NO SENSE FOR MAPPING TEAM OR VEHICLE TEAM TO BE AT THE SAME PAR AS IST OR LST.

On 1/6/2020 at 7:47 PM, Resident said:

Things slowly heated up and ertidog started refusing to work with the other Team Leaders.Knowing his many factions and people he had behind him, he started to think of himself as more important than the other team leaders.

Obviously his team, the Illegal Support Team plays a very important role in the community. We know how important they are, and how much work it takes to maintain this.

Calling other team leaders inferior and not as important, will naturally form the other team leaders against him. Imagine telling someone at your workplace that you are more important than them. He agreed that he dug his own grave on that part.

I don't know what planet you're living on anymore, but it was clearly stated that they were indeed and will remain on the same level as other team leaders. Illegal Support is just as important as VCT or LFT, or as you said, MT. They all have way different tasks and different ways they operate. They are not related to each other, yet it's expected that our Team Leaders get along with each other.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sacred said:

DEVELOPERS DON'T NEED TO INTERVENE ON FACTION DROPS. THEY DO THEIR JOBS AND EVERYONE DOES THEIR OWN JOB. DEASANA BUTTS IN ON IST SHIT WHICH HE ISN'T MEANT TO HAVE ACCESS TO.

Let me guess, you're commenting on me reaching out and asking to speak to you? I did this on behalf of Lartsa, Fraph and Samuel at the time. Instead of being upfront and talking to us, you backed out and threw some hateful comments towards us. I had to gather the information we were looking for, from different sources. Furthermore, you're failing to realize that I backed out of those conversations when asked to, but guess what? Instead of asking me to not say a single thing, Ertidog filed a complaint as the very first thing instead of talking to me.
Post complaint, I never spoke a work in IST.
Post complaint, Ertidog again complained when I spoke in the Faction Team chat (different chat) when Fernando was mentioned on an issue that I had spoken with Fernando about previously. His point wasn't getting across so I helped in that.

You also fail to realize that Teams are supposed to work together, not against eachother and filing complaints like that really isn't helpful.

Also, here's the kicker. I decided to be nice and ask every single team of their opinion about having access to their discord channel and whatnot and the /ONLY/ team having an issue was Illegal Team. Why? No idea, but apparently hiding behind closed doors is what they want.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Deasana said:

Let me guess, you're commenting on me reaching out and asking to speak to you? I did this on behalf of Lartsa, Fraph and Samuel at the time. Instead of being upfront and talking to us, you backed out and threw some hateful comments towards us. I had to gather the information we were looking for, from different sources. Furthermore, you're failing to realize that I backed out of those conversations when asked to, but guess what? Instead of asking me to not say a single thing, Ertidog filed a complaint as the very first thing instead of talking to me.
Post complaint, I never spoke a work in IST.
Post complaint, Ertidog again complained when I spoke in the Faction Team chat (different chat) when Fernando was mentioned on an issue that I had spoken with Fernando about previously. His point wasn't getting across so I helped in that.

You also fail to realize that Teams are supposed to work together, not against eachother and filing complaints like that really isn't helpful.

Also, here's the kicker. I decided to be nice and ask every single team of their opinion about having access to their discord channel and whatnot and the /ONLY/ team having an issue was Illegal Team. Why? No idea, but apparently hiding behind closed doors is what they want.

Because you shouldn't have access to IST's channel. You shouldn't have access to ANY team's channel, no matter if they want you there or not. You develop, you don't worry about other shit. Focus on your own shit and don't butt in on other people's shit.

You should not have been in those conversations in the first place, and frankly, Lartsa or any of your/his boyfriends shouldn't have either. Lartsa has butted in on  IST's work since the start (I assume he wants to be a cool kid). It's illegal support team's business and none of yours. 

I don't need to speak to you regarding why I have the amount of guns I have or anyone else. You and the rest of the server management have been pinning shit on us like calling us "bug abusers" because I put a shelf in a corner and slightly put it through a wall to save space?? 

You're a pathetic piece of shit who doesn't know how to close his mouth. That's the same reason why this is the first job on MTA you've had since Legacy. Grow up. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Lartsa said:

I don't know what planet you're living on anymore, but it was clearly stated that they were indeed and will remain on the same level as other team leaders. Illegal Support is just as important as VCT or LFT, or as you said, MT. They all have way different tasks and different ways they operate. They are not related to each other, yet it's expected that our Team Leaders get along with each other.

right cause IST is as important as a team that makes mappings.. yeah okay bud. 

aPpLeS n oRaNgEs

Edited by Sacred

Nah. The reason I didn't have a 'job' on mta since legacy was because I was doing other things. But you do you pal! And before you get all defensive about your shelf, nothing would have happened to you or the faction, as the shelf was moved after the fact which wasn't pointed out until very late. And you could have easily solved that issue.

24 minutes ago, Sacred said:

Because you shouldn't have access to IST's channel. You shouldn't have access to ANY team's channel, no matter if they want you there or not. You develop, you don't worry about other shit. Focus on your own shit and don't butt in on other people's shit.

You should not have been in those conversations in the first place, and frankly, Lartsa or any of your/his boyfriends shouldn't have either. Lartsa has butted in on  IST's work since the start (I assume he wants to be a cool kid). It's illegal support team's business and none of yours. 

I don't need to speak to you regarding why I have the amount of guns I have or anyone else. You and the rest of the server management have been pinning shit on us like calling us "bug abusers" because I put a shelf in a corner and slightly put it through a wall to save space?? 

You're a pathetic piece of shit who doesn't know how to close his mouth. That's the same reason why this is the first job on MTA you've had since Legacy. Grow up. 

Just wanted to inform that is it up to the team leaders themselves if they want developers to have access to their channels or not now.
Our current IST leader has already said no, so Deasana does not have access to it anymore. While he does in some other teams.
Like I said, all up to the team leaders now.

When it comes to what you mentioned earlier about mapping team leader having the same in-game commands as a IST leader also no longer applies.
Every team leader has given us a list of all the different commands they will need to properly run their teams. So since IST requires more in-game commands than a mapping team leader for example, that's what they have now with the new system. The entire Team Leader system has been revamped at ertidog's request before his removal, which is now in effect.

Some people don’t realize this is a video game and it’s meant for fun, most of the people doing the insulting here are probably minors that have it too good at home so don’t act like you’re better than anyone else because yOuRe tHe CoNsUmEr. The server was made for people to enjoy because people complain about not having an MTA English RP server, but all I see are these people biting the hand that feeds them. Grow up and start acting more mature, your life will go on if someone 1000 miles away from you says a bad word or does something you don’t like.
Also, unless you’re staff you have absolutely no say in what channels are seen by what teams, and unless you’re in some sort of authority over me or any other human being here you have absolutely no say in their actions. Suggest are welcome, yes. But don’t sit here and try to govern the staff. Some of you guys are seriously sickening. Grow up the hell up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1